List of paragraphs:
- Tasks list
- Creating new task
- Next steps of completed task
- Task templates and sets
- Task preview
- Task confirmation functionality
- Task reminders
- Task QR code
- Repetitive tasks
- Mass task
- Task related to lead
- Link to video conference
Module Tasks is for managing your daily tasks. It's purpose is to help you to handle future events ("Calls", "Meetings", "Send invoice", "Prepare an offer", etc.). Create Tasks for your colleagues or yourself and follow their progress by checking statuses.
In order to see tasks list, choose module Tasks:
To find a specific task, use Search. To narrow down the list, use filters:
Creating new task
- To create a task, select Tasks > New task and fill in the details. Mandatory fields are marked with * symbol:
- You can mark task as Public, Billable, Repetitive or Required confirmation:
- Public task will be visible for all system users despite user permissions. All users will see this task in their calendars.
- Billable task option should be used for project tasks which need to be included in project invoice.
- Repetitive task option enables to create task that will automatically repeat itself by chosen period of time.
Required confirmation option allows you to choose an Approving person. After Task is completed, an approving person must confirm it.
- Enter task Subject.
Responsible users and
Followers. Responsible user is a task executor. Follower is a user who is neither task creator nor recipient, but needs to be informed about task progress (status changes, new comments, etc.). Mark
Create Separate Tasks if you would like to create separate identical task for each Responsible user.
- Indicate Task type, Priority and Goal.
Indicate Start date, End date and Due date. Task is viewed in the calendar according to its start and due dates. Due date is task deadline. If task is not completed until its due date, it will be displayed in red.
Start date - task execution start;End date - task execution end. Tasks are displayed in the Calendar by start and end dates;Due date - task deadline. If a task is not marked Done by its due date, the task will be displayed in red.
- Use field Related to to indicate entry, which task is related to.
- You can attach files to task.
- Specify task estimated resources in field Estimate (for example, hours).
- Add Tags or detailed Description.
- After describing task, press Save.
- If task is related to a contact, lead or opportunity, you will see additional fields: Contact person, Send To Email (contact person will receive task details to email), Place for meeting.
Next steps of completed task
After completing the task, click on Mark as Completed:
When task is completed, the Next Action button will appear. This functionality allows you to fill in the information for a new task right away.
Task templates and sets
For frequently created tasks, use task templates and collections. Read the guide how to create task templates and sets.
To create a task by using task template or collection, select this button:
Preview tasks in All tasks list or in separate tabs, where tasks are grouped by type:
To preview task, click on its name:
You will see the details of the task:
In order to edit task, use Actions which is on the right side of the list:
Also, you can edit task while previewing it – use Edit button:
In order to change status, click on task status. You can as well click blue button to set task as In progress or green button to set Completed.
Status can also be changed straight in the tasks list - click on status and choose:
Task confirmation functionality
When editing an Opportunity, Pre invoices or Invoices, on the top you will find an option Required confirmation, check it and select users.
In this case, the responsible user will be able to change task status only to Complete - Waiting for confirmation and only the approving person will be able to set status to Complete.
You can set one or multiple assignees to a task.
To delete assignees, you can simply click the X button near the user icon:
Create system reminders for creator, assignee or yourself, right in the task preview:
In order to create task reminder, click the + button:
Task QR code
In task preview, hover the mouse on QR icon and you will get a QR code, which you can scan and the event will be automatically created on your phone.
In order to calculate the time spent on a task, you can use timer. Click:
or open task preview and click Start timer:
In order to stop timer, press:
You can leave timer on – the system will show that it is running and you can stop it any time:
In order to edit timesheet, use button Timesheets:
Tasks can be repetetive and be repeated periodically.
- In order to create repetitive task, use field Repeat every while creating a new task:
- Indicate when repetitive task should end by using field Ends on:
- Ir order to stop a repetitive task, open preview and cancel Recurring task by clicking X:
System has option to create mass task.
- Select Contacts;
- Check contacts which you want to create a mass task for;
- Click Actions button:
- Click on Create task:
- Describe task and click Save.
- The identical task will be created for all chosen users.
In order to delete task, click Delete icon:
Above the tasks list you can select Switch to Kanban. Records are interactive, you can preview your tasks or drag them to another status:
You can filter tasks by assigned member, task type, start date or week number.
If you filter tasks by week, not only you will see tasks of the chosen week, but also you will see forgotten tasks - the ones that have been planned earlier and still are not complete.
In Kanban you can see task title, date and due date, task type, responsible users and related entry.
Tasks in Kanban can be moved and arranged according to priority - this way, employee can filter his tasks and see the most important ones on the top of the board.
Hover the mouse on the task status - you will see each status statistics according to estimated resources for each task type (value comes from task field Estimate).
Materials can be assigned to a task:
Choose New material, enter material, suggested amount and warehouse.
If you select Write off items after task is done, when task status is changed to Completed, selected materials balance in warehouse will automatically decrease.
- Select Setup> Staff> Edit user> Salary.
- Enter user hour rate salary:
When user has completed a task and entered time in Timesheets, the system will automatically count user salary:
Salary will be shown in Tasks report.
Task related to lead
When task, related to lead and is marked Complete, you will see additional options:
- New opportunity - this option enables to create a proposal, related to lead, straight from the completed task.
- Not interested - click this button if you want to change lead status to Useless or Lost. Also, enter losing reason.
Link to video conference
In Hanna CRM system, you can create video conference link and send it to a contact, by simply creating a task.
You can access the conference in task preview by clicking the Join Video Conference button:
The customer will receive an email with a video conference link and an invitation to add the event to calendar.
Fields Goal and Task type settings are available here.